1. Go to a peaceful, serene spot that you feel most calm in. It must be quiet and free of clutter.
2. Close your eyes and get into a comfortable seated position. Take 6 deep breaths with a count of 6 seconds on the inhale through the nose and 4 seconds on the exhale out of the mouth. Deep breathing for a total of a minute should help you quiet the mind and calm the body.
3. Focus on who/what you need to forgive. It can be yourself or a loved one. It can be an event, argument, illness, loss, etc. What is ailing you presently? What are you holding onto? What did that person say to you that you just can’t seem to get over/forgive? Send them love and compassion and most of all, forgiveness. They need your love more than anyone. Surrender it and watch it pass in front of you and out into the Universe. Be free.
4. Take a big deep breath. Six count inhale through the nose and four count exhale out of mouth. Let it go.
5. After you have completed the Forgiveness Meditation, I want you to let you mind take you to all the wonderful things you HAVE RIGHT NOW in your life. Speak softly to yourself and reflect on the ALL the abundance you have in your life. Make a mental list of all the things/people you are grateful for.
6. Take a big deep breath. 6 count inhale through the nose and 4 count exhale out of mouth. AND SMILE.