I was just wondering: What have I “given up on” because of messages I perceived from other people? That is being completely unfair to myself, and I want to reclaim those things. I need those things back, because I want to reclaim WHO I AM. I want to step back into being the person I slowly started poisoning when my perception of other people’s reality became more important to me than I am to me.
So…. here goes.
I’ve given up on:
- being a father
- being a worthy romantic partner
- being a trusted confidant to my friends
- being wanted as a friend for my interests
- having opinions that matter
- having value for my wisdom and perspective
- believing I am worthy of others’ time
I’m through with those beliefs. Finished. Done.
I am willing to accept that I don’t need to be any of those things to anyone. But those who acknowledge those parts of me will have priority over those that ignore them. I will not settle any longer.